Pages

23 May 2011

Last Monday


And by that I mean: this Monday is my last Monday in Spain for who knows how long…

I had my theater final this morning which went really well. Only four more tests! They’re like vitamins—one a day.

This past week was totally great. After I turned in all of my projects, I was completely academically checked out. Every semester there’s a brick wall that I run into when my state of being changes from being really stressed out to be really apathetic. Sitting in classes was nearly unbearable. But oh well, I survived, and then I had non-class-time to just love Spain. Highlights:
.Oh wait this one was during class. My grammar teacher is the BEST. So we got him a card and a cake and framed a picture of our whole class for him and surprised him on Thursday during class. He was SO surprised and happy. It was just perfect. Also we had tinto de verano during class. The day before, my Lorca teacher brought us champagne. haha, Europe!
.On Thursday night Malachi had a concert! I felt really cool to be friends with her. Also, I was friends with her before I knew she was an internationally renowned musician, just saying. :)
.I’ve been back to Café Fútbol for probably the last time, and I’ve been up to the Alhambra a few lastish times, and I’ve been to a tetería again for most likely the last time too (although it was a hot day so we got milkshakes instead of tea, haha!). Also I saw one last flamenco show, courtesy of the IES flamenco classes, I’ve bought my last spanish shoes I’d been wanting, and I’m down to the last of the souvenirs I’m supposed to be getting. Hopefully that last sunburn was the last one (I’m trying to be good about my ‘leche solar’—literally ‘sun milk’ but really sunscreen lol). I went to my last Spanish Sunday mass, and I just today returned my last book to the Modern Languages Center. Last Week Livin. it’s cool.

I think my amount of time here has been just about perfect. A few weeks ago I was really homesick and just wanted to get out of this country, but I think that was partially caused by spending an entire week with friends from home and partially caused by then having an overwhelming amount of projects to do. These last 2 weeks I have been super content with the way life is going and the way the rest of it’s coming. I’m quite satisfied with what I’ve put in and gotten out of this semester here, and I’m also very happily looking forward to being at home again in six days. Overall, the semester has been different than what I expected but not in a bad way. I have lots of new stories and friends and memories and vocabulary and experiences and independence and tastes…and clothes! Well, not that many new clothes…no clearance racks here.

Probably only one or two more updates and then I’ll be all-American again and this blog will have fulfilled all of its purposes! How funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment