Pages

15 May 2011

Accomplishments.


I think in the grand scheme of this semester I only have 4 more pages of writing left for all classes combined, and I could potentially finish all of them today and basically be done with everything but finals!
My Lorca paper ended up being 12 pages (over 5,000 words) long, and I was pretty happy with it. I was slightly disappointed to find out in class Monday that it actually only needed to be 7-10 pages long (not minimum 10 pages, which is what the guideline sheet said) after finishing it on Sunday night, but she did say longer would probably be better, soo hopefully that’ll weigh in my favor come grading time.
I also finished everything I was supposed to for last week without ever having to stay up all night as it sounds like several of my classmates did…I’m so glad I started my projects/papers early!!

This weekend IES took us to Cabo de Gata for a hike on Friday and a day at the beach yesterday. The trip was a mess, but it was overall fun. One of the buses (thankfully not mine) broke down about a half hour before destination so those poor guys had to wait an hour in the sun for one of the other buses to drop off its load and go back for them.
The hike was totally beautiful and the weather was just gorgeous and the Mediterranean was magnificent; however, they really should have been more upfront about what we were in for… The pre-departure e-mail we received warned us that the hike would be “long but not particularly difficult”, but actually it was really long and quite difficult indeed… 9 miles, at least half of it going up and down mountains. Including short stops at beaches it took about 8 hours. It was very exhausting. People were falling, there were lots of slippery rocks and some uphill climbs in sand—not fun. I just wish they’d’ve been less sugary about what to expect so I could have mentally prepared better. Oh well, yesterday Hannah, Malachi, and I just lay on the beach reading and chatting and reapplying sunscreen after jumping in the ocean for a bit, which was super relaxing after the previous day’s over-exertion. And I didn’t get sunburned except on the top of my toes where I forgot to reapply!

Now I’m home to Granada and most likely will just be sticking around here for  the final 2 weeks, soaking in as much of the Andalucían sun as I can while it lasts. I have decided after all of my travels throughout Spain that Andalucía is my favorite. I just love it down south and I’m so glad this is where I chose to study this semester. The mountains, the accent, the tapas, everything andaluz and granadino. Love it! So I’ll get offline and go enjoy it some more I think. Be home in 2 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment