Pages

10 April 2011

The Lateliness

Yesterday I had the pleasure of showing off Granada to Ali and her parents. We had a beautiful (kind of hot) sunny day, and I hope they had fun! I certainly enjoyed taking a day off from being a student here to show them around.
Friday was a weird day and I got sunburned and I wasn’t very hungry all day but then I got to sit in the shade in the grass in the park with some lovely friends for some wonderful conversation, and then I went home to do homework.
Thursday was full of planning Spring Break which I am looking forward to, and getting a milkshake with the choir girls after rehearsal.
Wednesday’s graffiti made me happy: I saw “Sonríe” written on the sidewalk on the way to class, and then class was actually canceled when I got to the door of the room—almost disappointing after the more than a mile uphill walk—but  “Buenos Días :)” was written on a wall on the way back from class, so I got some gelato and went to sit on the terraza at IES and kind of do homework until the sun went down.
Tuesday was nothing special except I got to register for classes for next Fall back at TU.
Monday I had my midterm in econ which I think went fine. Monday is class all day day.
Last Sunday it was rainy and I let my hair dry naturally because I thought I didn’t have to go anywhere besides church and then I remembered I had a show to watch for theater, which I didn’t even like that much after seeing it, maybe just because it caused me to have to walk through the chill and rain for over an hour by the time it was all said and done.
Last Saturday Hannah came over and we made tea plus tostadas with nutella and watched Orgullo y Perjuicio. Fun times.

Just in general, all the plants are visibly alive now and the trees have leaves so the plaza has shade and the flowers are blooming so I’m experiencing a few Spanish alergías but it’s okay because it feels like summertime even though I still have a lot of work to do this week (and the following ones).
So, if anyone feels inclined to pray for me that I may be able to stay focused and do well in all these classes that do transfer back to TU for real major credit, that would probably help me a lot. Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment