Pages

14 February 2011

Monday Night Thoughts

Parallel Parking 101: Don’t mind the curb, just drive on it if that will help you line up your parking job.

Today I bought an entire loaf of baked-this-morning bread for 70 eurocents :) not sandwich bread, like a loaf of italian bread. but made in Spain.

Today for lunch, Pepita had a bunch of family over. Three of her daughters + sons-in-law and her son + daughter-in-law, and 5 grandchildren. I guess I misunderstood yesterday when I thought she told me her daughter was coming over for lunch… ha! Well, no pasa nada. It was kind of a frenzy of meeting people and there was a lot of talking. Mostly I observed, but I did participate in the conversation when I could. Most of them can speak English, and I think they were surprised that I answered in the affirmative (“más o menos”) every time they asked me if I was able to understand what they were saying [in Spanish].

Oh! I went to mass at the Cathedral yesterday :) SO PRETTY!!! and HUGE. Unfortunately they were turning off lights and blocking off everything but the exit as soon as mass was over (lunch time!), so I didn’t get to see much of anything that I couldn’t see from my pew, but I’ll be going back I’m sure. The archbishop said mass, and he seems really nice. At one point this guy was walking across the main aisle during a prayer, don’t know why, and the bishop stopped and looked at him and waited for him to sit down before finishing the prayer. It was kind of comical… Also the bishop’s homily was super long, but I did understand it, mostly.

Oh it’s Valentine’s Day isn’t it… It’s not that big of a deal over here. I’ll give a little shout out to Justin though: Te amo ;)

¡Feliz Día de San Valentín a todos!

No comments:

Post a Comment