Pages

15 January 2011

Background

I don't actually leave for Spain till January 24, but I got jealous of Ali, Emily, and Maria with their blogs all ready to go. I should also mention Matt Knoff's blog which will help keep us only a click away from life back at TU, plus I owe him credit for my blog's name.

The background image is a picture of a garden at La Alhambra in Granada, which was built by the Muslims in the 14th century, changed possession a few times, and is now a World Heritage Site. In a couple weeks, La Alhambra will be the sight I see when I look out my classroom window!

I'm getting really excited.

Some background about where I'll be:


More specifically, here are the places I'll be spending most of my structured time:


The yellow balloon shows approximately where I'll be living, the red balloon shows the IES program center (where most of my classes will be), and the black box shows the University of Granada (where I'll have a couple classes). There isn't a scale on this map, but essentially there is about a mile between each of the three spots. I'm looking forward to walking the city daily!

I don't have much else to say at this point, except that I can hardly wait!! I'll be updating this periodically once I get to Spain. Follow along if you like. Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Elizabeth! We are all proud of you and looking forward to hearing the highlights of your travels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very excited for you. It sounds like fun. Can't wait to follow your travels. Be safe! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aunt Julie16/1/11 21:11

    How much comments do you want from us back home? 'Cause you know our family...we'll have LOTS to say! Besides the "I'm really jealous and want to go with you." comments! But I really AM jealous. I secretly wanted to be the first person to take you to Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comment as much as you want lol
    You had your chance, you know...but NY was awesome so I wouldn't change it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aunt Julie17/1/11 00:50

    I know. Had the chance, just not the money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO....I am pretty much jealous and wishing you the absolute best time ever....you need to e-mail/post/message/whatever your address in Espana!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom told me about your blog during our WINGS Bible Study last week. We are so happy for you, as it sounds like things are going remarkably well! Thanks for keeping us in the loop; you'll be in our prayers as the journey continues!

    ReplyDelete